Saturday, March 29, 2014

Walking On Water

To say that Munni has completely rocked my world doesn't even come close to how much she has changed me.  
I see things differently.  I can't go back and I don't want to go back to the filters I saw through before I found her.
My relationship with Christ has grown in ways I never would have imagined.  He has taken me to the highest highs and has wept with me during the lowest of lows.  And he has shown me time and time again that he never changes.  He is same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  He will never leave me.  He may ask me to do hard things, but he will be with me right by my side and probably more often than not, carrying me :)
I am learning more and more that as uncomfortable as it is at the time, the best place to be is out of the boat.  Trusting in him, trusting in his plan.  
Sure I get soaked when I take my eyes off of him or letting fear and doubt drift into my thoughts.  But he never fails to grab my hand, lift me up, and gently ask, "My child, why did you doubt me?"

Why do I doubt him? He is supernatural and I am not.  My humanness battles within me as I repeatedly assign limitations to him based on my own myopic, incomplete views of the natural laws.  
That's my big, fat problem.  
I limit him with my own limitations when he is absolutely limitless.

Since January, I've really been praying about my trust in him.  At times I've done great!  Other times, like last week, I've failed miserably.  I'm determined though, to get up, dust off the dirt, and keep my eyes on him.  When my vision is locked on him, there are no limitations.

He is calling me to do some hard things and the only reason they are hard is because it requires 110% trust in him.  
I can't think about the what ifs, if onlys, and the buts.
I can't think about the opinions of others.  
I can't dwell on my imperfections and limitations.
I can't define my future and his calling on my life by the natural state of things.
I need to step out of the boat.
I need to believe in his supernatural essence.
I need to keep my eyes on his beautiful face.
I need to keep my heart full of trust in his goodness, his grace, his mercy, and his providence.
I have no idea how it will all pan out, but that's exactly how he has designed it.  He gives me just enough light for the next step.  
I am nervous and anxious but also giddy with excitement to see where this path will lead me.

What about you?  Is there a boat that you have been hesitant to step out of and into the water of the unknown?  I pray that you would take that step.  It's exhilarating beyond anything you can possibly imagine!




No comments:

Post a Comment